MS Windows build use of versions in directory names/paths

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Tue Mar 29 16:04:13 CEST 2005

From: "Raimo Niskanen" <raimo@REDACTED>
> Why ejabberd uses the registry is another question. Erlang/OTP
> and many others has moved away from using the registry. I think
> the Erlang/OTP installer fixes the path, so if ejabberd used the
> Erlang that was in the path, there would be no problem (guessing
> here...)

I don't know about ejabberd, but I guess it's the same issue I got when running
an erlang node as a Windows service: erlsrv.exe uses the registry. By default
the VM used is the one in erlsrv's directory which is $ERL_TOP/erts-n.n.n

By using a link to the current erlang directory, one can write for example

    erlsrv -m c:\program\erl\bin\erl.exe <other args>

It would be nicer if cygwin links would work outside the cygwin environment -
but I guess then it wouldn't be Windows anymore :-)

regards,
Vlad