Grid

Corrado Santoro csanto@REDACTED
Mon Mar 14 17:30:07 CET 2005

micke wrote:
> Any work done on this ( see below ) using Erlang in Sweden ?
I'm doing some research on grid computing, but it seems that no one uses
Erlang for grids, even if it is a very attractive language for such
large parallel and distributed systems.

I used Erlang to write a simulator for resource allocation algorithm in
a grid. And I exploited multiple process support for simulating a
400-nodes grid (a process for each node). It worked well!

But, for a real environment, I think that we *must* accept the
monstruosities of the Globus toolkit, with its XMLRPC/SOAP/WebServices,
etc.... It is a standard, today :-(

Ciao,
--Corrado

Eng. Corrado Santoro, Ph.D.

University of Catania - Engineering Faculty
Department of Computer Science and
Telecommunications Engineering
Viale A. Doria, 6 - 95125 CATANIA (ITALY)

Tel: +39 095 7382144 Int. (5) 8035
      +39 095 7382380
      +39 095 7382365
      +39 095 7382364