Parse transformery (Was: Re: Calling internal functions - foo::bar() ?)

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Wed Mar 9 15:48:48 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB)" <ulf.wiger@REDACTED>
> That is, if by a simple command, one can convert a module
> from "normal mode" to having all local functions reachable,
> I would think that most people would be happy. Those who
> care more about debugging than speed at the time, will
> happily pay the performance price. Nobody else will
> have to.

But even with this command, one would have to reload the affected module, which
might cause processes to be killed, and then the state of the system is
changed...

Besides, the same code compiled with different flags might cause different
behaviours, so maybe the bug won't manifest itself but with the optimized
version...

Isn't it easy and fun to debug live systems? :-)

regards,
Vlad