size of an IO list

James Hague james.hague@REDACTED
Mon Mar 7 16:27:38 CET 2005

> iolist_size(IOList) ->
>          size(list_to_binary([IOList])).

I still think that IOLists should be able to include atoms.  That is,
'<html>' should be considered as "<html>" in an IOList.  I have run
into this situation a number of times already.  It's much cleaner (and
generates less garbage) to be able to include atoms directly in
IOLists.

But I've heard the argument against this (might break old code), so I
won't push it.  I just wanted another opportunity to put this on the
table :)