Poll: Packages use

Vlad Dumitrescu <>
Sat Mar 5 21:27:04 CET 2005

While trying to figure out a good model for Erlang projects, for use with
the Eclipse plugin, I thought it would be interesting to find out the answer
to the following questions:

* How many people use packages in their applications?
    it would also be interesting to know if anyone uses them in a commercial
* How many people plan to start using packages in 6 months to one year from

Also a related, more general question:

* Should the use of packages become widespread, would it be useful to adopt
some naming scheme so that package name clashes are avoided?

I think that there's a kind of moment 22: packages won't be used that much
until the OTP release will begin to use them, and OTP won't use them unless
tha user base is wide enough...

Thank you. Best regards,