process crashes after start

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Sat Jun 25 12:20:22 CEST 2005

On 25 Jun 2005, at 07:00, Dietmar Schaefer wrote:

> =CRASH REPORT==== 25-Jun-2005::07:58:00 ===
>  crasher:
>    pid: <0.192.0>
>    registered_name: []
>    error_info: "invalid return value from cmmc_sup:start(normal,[])
> -> {'EXIT',{undef,\n
> [{cmmc_db,start,[]},\n
> {cmmc_4dp,startall,0},\n
> {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}"
>

> I just cannot figure out what's wrong here.

undef means undefined function. So your function cmmc_db:start/0 is
not in the path for demand loading, or if you are starting an
embedded system it was not pre-loaded. It is worth checking that all
the modules you want are listed in the .app file.

> I I have no idea how to interpret the erl_crash.dump

There is a web based tool provided with OTP which helps with this:

http://erlang.se/doc/doc-5.4.8/lib/webtool-0.8.2/doc/html/index.html

Sean