Creating a Target System versus OTP Release Handling Tutorial (xml)

Gunilla Arendt gunilla@REDACTED
Wed Jun 22 12:19:31 CEST 2005

In "Creating a First Target System" (a chapter in "System Principles")
it is described how to make a target system consisting of a number of
Erlang/OTP applications together with a number of user-defined
applications, all in one "package". One can say you create an
alternative version of the Erlang/OTP release, where all unused
Erlang/OTP applications are removed and your own applications are added
instead. All applications are located under ROOT/lib, where ROOT is the
root directory of this target system.

In OTP Release Handling Tutorial (at trapexit.org), the target system
instead consists of an existing Erlang/OTP release "as is" together with
a number of user-defined applications located in a separate lib directory.

About which one is preferable: In my opinion, either way is fine.

The error report means that the module systools is not found.

/ Gunilla