Getting locks and sharing: was RE: Getting concurrency

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Thu Jun 16 12:17:43 CEST 2005

--- Vlad Dumitrescu <vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED>
wrote:

> In-between I see another way, that I like most: let
> the framework be hidden
> behind the regular bifs, making the whole mechanism
> completely transparent.
> Then all applications could use it. Since it's
> integrated in the vm, it
> could do things better than an Erlang-only solution.

Sounds sensible -- that's the way I would start too.
You can probably write a good part of this in Erlang
too, as a library or a framework. Then drop down to C
as the situation demands.

Best,
Thomas