1014 tcp connections and a crash

klacke@REDACTED klacke@REDACTED
Thu Jun 9 13:54:40 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 01:40:09PM +0200, joel reymont wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I´m using 10RB3 and my erl crashes with a segmentation violation after
> roughly 1014 TCP socket connections are established to it. Is this a
> bug, feature or should I go with the latest version? I´m on Mac OSX
> 10.3.9.

10.3, isn't that where poll is emulated by select().
It could be that the fd_sets just get silently overflowed.

Try to write a normal C program that open +1024 sockets

What is FD_SETSIZE set to in the header files.

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
http://www.hyber.org                  -- everything is under control