R10B3 crashes after >1014 tcp connections + Yaws

Laurent Picouleau laurent.picouleau@REDACTED
Wed Jun 8 12:06:52 CEST 2005

Hi Joel,

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 09:56, joel reymont wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I´m using R10B3 and my erl crashes with a segmentation violation after
> roughly 1014 TCP socket connections are established to a server that I wrote.
> The server uses plain gen_tcp.

You should verify if your OS put a limit on the number of
file_descriptor per process. Some fixe a limit of 1024 and 1014 is
closed enough to make me suspect that your hiting such a limit.

> Has this been fixed in R10B5 and how can I work around it?

Start several nodes, each handling less connection than the limit.

Br,