error_logger and sasl

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Fri Jun 3 03:52:05 CEST 2005

I would like to be able to ensure that the content of a log file
produced by the error_logger and sasl doesn't get overwriten when a node
is restarted.  Upon examining the error_logger_file_h.erl I found that a
log file is being open with a 'write' option that causes the log file to
be truncated:

init(File, PrevHandler) ->
     process_flag(trap_exit, true),
     case file:open(File, write) of
	{ok,Fd} ->
	    {ok, {Fd, File, PrevHandler}};
	Error ->
	    Error
     end.

Was there any specific consideration for this design?  I would like to
request a feature to either customize this mode (by choosing between
'write' and 'append') or changing it to 'append'.

Thanks.

Serge