[announce] Erlang ported to linksys nslu2

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Thu Jun 2 22:12:44 CEST 2005

"Brian Zhou" <b88zhou@REDACTED> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the latest erlang R10B-5 has been ported
> to run on linksys nslu2, complete with SAE and openssl support, but
> with HiPE disabled.

Holy crap, a silent 150gram linux box for 795 kronor!

We bought a few of these today. I installed Openslug on mine, added
a memory stick, and installed a bunch of binaries from this ipkg dir:

  http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/openslug/oe

but there was no Erlang and not enough for a working gcc (no
binutils). Any tips? Should I go for Unslung instead?

Thanks for the great pointer!

-Luke