CPU/Hardware optimized for Erlang

Zoltan Podlovics zoltan.podlovics@REDACTED
Thu Jul 21 21:30:00 CEST 2005

Is there any way to use hardware"plugins" for high performance
computation-intensive applications  (encryption, xml parsing, pattern
matching with fpga) with ECOMP? Erlang (with a small tcp/ip stack)
would be perfect choice for these appliances (especially when it comes
with fault-tolerant hw reconfiguration and sw update). For example:
reliable email services or IDS with hw (virus or intrusion) pattern
matcher.

Regards,
Zoltan