ex11, plotting and Cairo ...

Peter-Henry Mander erlang@REDACTED
Thu Jul 21 10:34:24 CEST 2005

Hi Vlad,

Xming troubles can be solved with RTFM I think. Removing access control
(-ac) allows me to send an xterm display to Xming so it does work in
priciple, albeit forgoing a secure connection I think. I'd prefer SSH
tunneling. The following gives usable results, DirectDraw mode (-engine
2) redraws cleanly compared to default GDI, and -internalwm uses
MS-Windows decorations.

    Xming -ac -internalwm -engine 2

I agree that the X11 protocol is a superset of what is strictly
necessary for simple graphics, and the extensions even more so. The
middleman concept is something Joe may approve of, I remember he posted
something about this idea a while back. It also could serve as a
mechanism to introduce support for X11 extensions without cluttering the
basic API, e.g. antialiasing, alpha-blending etc... I wonder if the
kerning algorithms could be supported in there too?

Pete.
--
"The Tao of Programming
 flows far away

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 16:55 +0200, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
> [...]
[snipped]