why does the process dictionary have a bad rep?

ke.han ke.han@REDACTED
Fri Jul 15 17:18:22 CEST 2005

This thread is talking about two things: abuse of the proc dict and
abuse of message passing.
I understand the example of using the proc dict to get around single
assignment.  You guys have lost me on the second part.
Can someone give an example of message passing abuse?  What does message
passing have to do with variable assignment?
thanks, ke han