Distributed Erlang embeded startup problem

Eranga Udesh eudesh@REDACTED
Sat Jul 2 19:40:21 CEST 2005

After trying so many combinations, I could fix the problem by using
below settings in the sys.config

[{kernel,
  [{distributed, [{omni_esme, 5000, [omni_esme@REDACTED, omni_esme@REDACTED]}]},
   {net_setuptime, 15},
   {start_dist_ac, true},
   {sync_nodes_mandatory, []},
   {sync_nodes_optional, [omni_esme@REDACTED]},
   {sync_nodes_timeout, 30000}]}].

As I can understand it must have been due to delay in getting the
connection to the other node. Since the sync_nodes_timeout was 5000
and there wasn't a net_setuptime parameter, the starting node
application should have been started, before connecting to the other
node.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

- Eranga