Windows, io:fwrite, halt, buffer flushing problems, R10B-2

Matthias Kretschmer mccratch@REDACTED
Fri Jan 28 14:00:35 CET 2005

I browsed through the source-code and I think now I have a patch which
solves this problem cleanly. Well at least I hope because I can't build
win32 Erlang myself. The VC 2003 Toolkit is missing several libraries
that seem to be required to build Erlang. I don't have a commercial
version of VC/VC++, so I don't have these libraries (.LIB-files like
MSVCRT.LIB) and so I was unable to compile it myself.

Basically I want to wait for the console thread itself before quitting.
This is done in the case of a crash-dump in erl_exit in
erts/emulator/beam/erl_init.c. I just want to do the same when aborting
otherwise. I included this little patch in the e-mail, maybe someone has
the same problem and is able to compile Erlang on win32 and may try it?
But of course there is no guarantee that this patch doesn't burn your
computer :)

--
Matthias Kretschmer