Gen_server and Gen_fsm questions

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Tue Jan 4 08:58:39 CET 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 01:54:38PM +0600, Casper wrote:
}
}  Gen_fsm:
}  If I have one/two process for each call, then if I maintain let's say
}  100,000 simultaneous calls, I will have to create 200,000 gen_fsm, ie.
}  Processes. Is that a Good method? Will that create unnecessary system
}  overhead?

Eranga,

It's fine.  If there's 200K call terminations there are just that many
concurrent activities and each should have it's own process.  When you
get hundreds of thousands running you might want to start tuning how
memory is allocated but it's certainly not too many processes to handle.

	-Vance