mnesia power index -- What about fragmentation?

Valentin Micic valentin@REDACTED
Sun Feb 20 22:31:48 CET 2005

From: "Ulf Wiger" <ulf@REDACTED>

>...I came to the conclusion that one may have to
> manage index tables as first-class tables,

Well, we end-up doing exactly that. It wasn't perfect, but then, nothing
ever is.
On a different note, I've been playing with menmosyne and as much as I liked
it, I'm not so sure that it is intended for BIG databases. Actually, I've
seen run-time crashed due to the bad/buggy query (it run out of memory).
This is a bit concerning and preatty un-erlang like. Should one encourage
usage of mnemosyne on a big databases? Oh, all of this is in R9. Hope that
R10 brings improovements.

V.