Proposed change to libraries

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Tue Feb 15 09:20:34 CET 2005

I agree.

We have no intention to change Erlang into another language
where you would have to declare your types. If your test suites
are complete enough to catch all of your bugs, you don't have to
use any other tools such as type checkers, cross-reference tools,
or compiler warnings.

My personal opinion is, however, that you can't have too many sharp
tools to help you find bugs. We have extensive test suites for OTP.
Still, we found bugs when we turned on warnings for unused variables.
The new warnings in R10B also pointed out several bugs. Dialyzer has
also pointed out several bugs, some of which would have been hard to
find with a test suite.

/Bjorn