R10-C INETS-4.2 HTTP post method

Michael McDaniel <>
Mon Feb 14 17:09:30 CET 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 01:16:35PM +0100, Ingela Anderton wrote:
> [...]
> > Substituting inets-4.0.1 works in without proxying;  proxying does not work.
> From the release notes of inets-4.2
> Fixed Bugs and Malfunctions:
>     OTP-5368  When sending a request through a proxy the absolute URI must
> 	      be used.
I do know that inets-4.2 proxying works great (I discovered the bug re proxying
in inets-4.0.1 and it was one of the first things I tried after installing R10B-3).

Apologies for not being clear with the original 'Substituting ...' comment (above).

My point was that I had a workaround for the 'dets: ... cookie_db' problem by using
the older inets-4.0.1, though I could not use proxy with the older, inets-4.0.1, version.

It would appear that we now have a workaround for the 'dets: ... cookie_db' problem
by changing the path in http_cookie.erl.

thank you,