Line Buffering in Erlang

Brent Fulgham bfulg@REDACTED
Wed Feb 9 20:08:26 CET 2005

As an exercise in learning the Carbon API, I've
written
a console utility for Mac OS X that attempts to mimic
the win32 graphical console.

In debugging my GUI shell, I'm finding that certain
short
commands (e.g., just hitting the 'enter' key) does not
cause the Erl process to respond as it does at the
console -- for example, each time I hit enter on the
console I get a new prompt:

# erl
1>
1>
1>
1> 1 + 1.
2
2>

I'm trying to figure out if stdio is being buffered
by default.  Does anyone know if the standard erl
shell program uses buffering by default?  Attempts
to recompile with the linebuffering directive doesn't
seem to make a difference.

Thanks,

-Brent