snmp mnesia

Dietmar Schaefer dietmar@REDACTED
Wed Feb 2 10:23:45 CET 2005

HI !

Did I find something strange ?

I am using Distributed Erlang , SNMP, Mnesia.

Yesterday I decided to enhance my MIB incorporate
an additional index:

 externalInterfacesEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX ExternalInterfacesEntry

    ACCESS not-accessible
    STATUS mandatory
    DESCRIPTION
    "A list of the external 4D-Planner interfaces "
    INDEX { hIndex,externalInterfaceIndex }
    ::= { externalInterfacesList 1 }
    ExternalInterfacesEntry ::=               SEQUENCE {
        hIndex
DisplayString (SIZE(0..10)),             <----this entry is new
       externalInterfaceIndex                     INTEGER (1.. 30),
        externalInterfaceIdent                     DisplayString
(SIZE(0..10)),
        externalInterfaceStatus                    INTEGER,
        externalInterfaceCommand              INTEGER,
        externalInterfaceCommandResult    INTEGER,
        externalInterfaceRowStatus             RowStatus
    }

hIndex OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX DisplayString (SIZE(0..10))

    ACCESS read-only
    STATUS mandatory
    DESCRIPTION
    "A index that uniquely identifies an entry in the
     processesList table. "
    ::= { externalInterfacesEntry 1 }

externalInterfaceIndex OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX INTEGER (1.. 30)

    ACCESS read-only
    STATUS mandatory
    DESCRIPTION
    "A index that uniquely identifies an entry in the externalInterfaces
table."
    ::= { externalInterfacesEntry 2 }

I changed the database initialization,header files, deleted and created
new tables but
asking my agent I got:

* SNMP A-NET-IF INFO: time in agent: 25801 mysec
** SNMP MASTER-AGENT LOG:
   apply: snmp_generic,table_func,[get_next,
                                   [],
                                   [0],
                                   {externalInterfacesList,mnesia}]

** SNMP MASTER-AGENT LOG:
   returned: [{[1,4,119,107,115,50,1],"wks2"}]

=ERROR REPORT==== 2-Feb-2005::09:51:09 ===
** User error: Got "wks2" from
{snmp_generic,table_func,[{externalInterfacesList,mnesia}]}. Using wrongType

despite the fact that this is right !

I was looking for what might have caused this "misbehavior" and couldn't
find anything ---- until
I deleted the mnesa schema and created  a new one.

Now it works !

As far as I understand deleteing the schema  should not be necessary ??

Any advice ?

Regards

Dietmar