newbie orber question

Niclas Eklund nick@REDACTED
Thu Dec 29 15:35:16 CET 2005

Hello!

I understand that it might be confusing when "NameService" appear twice if
you set orbInitRef to be "NameService=corbaname::vbox:21012". But it do
indicate that there is actually two instances of the naming service
available. But to avoid confusion I'll change this in the next Orber
version. You can perhaps register this as
"RemoteNameService=corbaname::vbox:21012"?!

You can also use:

 erl -orber orbDefaultInitRef \"corbaloc::vbox:21012\"

But this will re-direct all calls to corba:resolve_initial_references/1
(i.e. even those you add by using corba:add_initial_service/2).

To be sure that Orber was configured in the way you intended, use
orber:info() to get a print-out of all settings.

During test/development phase it is usually helpfull to add the following
configuration parameters (see Orber's User's Guide 14 - Debugging):

 * orber_debug_level == 10

 * interceptors == {native, [orber_iiop_tracer_stealth]}

Other key parts of the documentation are:

 * User's Guide - 5.2 Configuration

 * User's Guide - 6 OMG IDL to Erlang Mapping

The latter has recently been updated regarding IC's erl_template-backend.
Hence, you should either download the latest version or consult:

http://erlang.se/doc/doc-5.4.12/lib/orber-3.6.2/doc/html/part_frame.html

Happy New Year!

/Nick