Erlang Christmas Cup

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Wed Dec 21 14:27:55 CET 2005

> On Wednesday Dec 21th, a local, unofficial Robocup simulation
> league competition will be held at the IT University of Göteborg.

A short retort from the competition, as one of the few (or the only?)
outsider on the premises:

As I write the competition isn't over yet, jut got to the semifinals, and my
lunch break was over so I had to get back to work. But I'd like to say:

*** It was really fun!!!

* One team featured a single player that actually touched the ball, but was
fast and scored almost every time.

* Another team's players went _all_ on the ball, forming a phalanx.

* Some players (even goalkeepers) just wandered off the arena, probably
preferring a good cold (or warm) beer instead.

* Sometimes almost all the team was in front of the opponent's goal, with no
opponent in sight. It's a team game, right?, so we don't just shoot, we
pass. Oh, was it offside? :-)

---

Since as a bystander one begins to wonder if one could have done better, I
think it would be interesting to consider having more such competitions over
the Internet. I know I will download the software and play with it during
the holidays!

Best regards,
Vlad