Corba and Named Objects

Rudolph van Graan rvg@REDACTED
Wed Dec 21 14:11:14 CET 2005

Hi Guys,

I want to create a Corba object that is registered with naming and is
supervised.

Normally I'd do this (From the erlang examples):

   SFok = 'DB_Access':oe_create(),
   NS = corba:resolve_initial_references("NameService"),
   NC = lname_component:set_id(lname_component:create(), "DBAccess"),
   N = lname:insert_component(lname:create(), 1, NC),
   'CosNaming_NamingContext':bind(NS, N, SFok).

Now I want to start this object as a supervisor child, so I'll use
oe_create_link/2. How do I now get the OE so that I can pass this to
bind? I think I want to register in the init/1 impl function. Or do I
now need to invoke my object externally to tell it to register so I
can use the OE passed in the implementation function? But how do I
get the OE back from the supervisor now?

Hope someone can help!

Rgds,

Rudolph van Graan