gen_server without gen_server

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) <>
Tue Dec 20 18:12:23 CET 2005

In the Design Principles document:

plain_fsm in jungerl has a support library with
callbacks for the system messages.

If you've started a process with one of the plain_fsm
start functions, you can call
plain_fsm:handle_system_msg(Req, From, State, fun/1)

where the last argument is your continuation fun,
getting the possibly updated state as the argument.

This might be a handy solution if you don't care
to do anything special with the system messages.

(I have an improved plain_fsm - not yet released.
If you want to take it for a spin, let me know.)