How to do MD5

Bengt Kleberg <>
Tue Dec 20 07:16:13 CET 2005

On 2005-12-20 02:54, Jing Ding wrote:
> I am a beginner in Erlang. So please bear with me.

if you want to you could read up a little on erlang. we have a FAQ:

Getting Started With Erlang:

he book Concurrent Programming in Erlang, ISBN 0-13-285792-8, 2nd
edition. The first part of the book is available

> I think there is BIF md5("hi"). But do I need to include any header
> file, or install any patches? Also what is the equivalent of "print"
> statement in Erlang? I need it for debugging.

the md5 function is available in the crypto module:

no header, nor patch, necessary.

to ''print'' you can use fwrite() in the io module:

for debugging without the source it could be simpler to use the dbg module: