CMP article in ACM's Queue Magazine

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Fri Dec 9 17:39:37 CET 2005

I have posted a comment:

"It is not true that concurrency forces people
to think in ways that are unnatural.

Conventional programming languages approach
concurrency in a way that is unintuitive, but
that's a completely different story.

Erlang (http://www.erlang.org) has been used for
over a decade in commercial products with lots of
concurrency, and we have lots of evidence that
the programming model is both intuitive and safe,
in fact more so that object-oriented design.

We are eagerly awaiting multi-core chips, as they
offer us a perfectly natural way to scale up the
capacity of our products.

Ulf Wiger
Senior Software Architect
Ericsson AB"

You are all welcome to tune in and disagree. (:

/Uffe