connecting using aliased hostname

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Thu Dec 1 22:43:18 CET 2005

Den 2005-12-01 17:44:01 skrev Raimo Niskanen <raimo@REDACTED>:

> It should work without any change to the distribution if you force
> the nodename to be an aliased name; in your example start with
> -sname n@REDACTED

Yes, but in this case, I didn't want to change
the target node - just connect to it using
an alias that I had introduced on my end.

I believe that in the specific case that we
were looking at, the official hostnames are
going to be the same for several hosts (target
systems under test), and we have only the IP
addresses to tell them apart. That, and possibly
aliases that we introduce in our inetrc file.
We would of course connect to only one of the
systems at a time.

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger