Erl LDAP server

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Tue Aug 30 10:36:20 CEST 2005

Eranga Udesh wrote:
> Uffe,
>
> Thanks for the pointers. I went through them already. Looks like there's no
> already developed one, isn't it?

I made some draft work already but never manage to get it finished. My
plans was to support a fixed commonly used LDAP schema to use he
resulting software as a basis for authentication.
I reach a point were I was able to log into several Linux Workstation
using PAM LDAP pointing to the Erlang small LDAP server.

I think Erlang provides everything to write a very nice and performant
LDAP server as ASN.1 library is good and you have Mnesia to store your
data and access them with low latency.

Samuel Tardieu wrote some years ago an LDAP server in Erlang and told me
it was lightning fast, but it never reach the point where the code was
satisfying enough for him to get published.

I think writing such a server is relatively easy with fixed schema and
can get much much more complicated if you plan to support schema
definition and change.

I hope this helps,

--
Mickaël Rémond