Compiling .rel-files - module search path

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Mon Aug 29 16:27:59 CEST 2005

On Monday 29 August 2005 15.51, Gunilla Arendt wrote:
> erlc for a .rel file calls systools:make_script/2 to generate the
> boot script. For every application, systools:make_script/2 looks for
> the .app file in the code path, and then assumes that all .beam files
> for this application are located in the same directory - ie does
> *not* search for them in the path. Could this be what is causing your
> problem?

Yes it is. I don't want to have all my 103 .erl files in the same
directory, for obvious reasons.

I would like to be able to make my own directory layout, and not have to
use the OTP directory layout. My impression is that this wish is shared
by other Open Source projects using Erlang (at least ejabberd and Yaws
it seems).

It would not be too difficult to modify systools to make it possible to
specify paths to source code and beam files using -I arguments. I was
working on a patch for this that I was going to propose. Would you
consider such a patch?

I think it would also be good to be able to give a path to the .app
and .rel files.

/Fredrik