Generating unique ids in Mnesia

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Aug 18 16:59:50 CEST 2005

Mainly, my question is that of how to ensure that each "generate new
id" returns the next sequence number without a lot of error checking.

I could do the fold and get the max seqnum but another process could
be doing the same at the same moment. One of them would surely
overwrite the record when writing. I could retrieve the record and
check if the stored process id the right one (I do store the pid in
the record) but I wonder if there's a better way of doing this.

     Thanks, Joel