application startup

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Sat Aug 13 18:26:14 CEST 2005

Den 2005-08-13 16:41:11 skrev Serge Aleynikov <serge@REDACTED>:

> So if I understand this correctly, in this case only sasl and drpdb will
> be started automatically (besides kernel and stdlib), and not mnesia and
> os_mon:
>  {release, {"drpdb","1.0"}, {erts, "5.4.8"},
>   [{kernel,"2.10.9"},
>    {stdlib,"1.13.8"},
>    {sasl, "2.0.1"},
>    {drpdb, "1.0"},
>    {os_mon, "1.7.4"},
>    {mnesia, "4.2.2"}
>   ]}.
>  {application, drpdb,
>   [
>    {included_applications, [ mnesia, os_mon ] },
>    {applications, [ kernel, sasl ] },
>    {mod, {drpdb_app, []}},
>    {env, []}
>    ]
> }.

This is correct. In fact, in the AXD 301, we've done something
like this with the O&M applications (inets, snmp), where we
include them in an application that we've made. It also has
a special supervisor that starts them. The point of this was
to have all the O&M apps move in parallel during takeover.

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger