how to get [3,5] from [ ["3"], ["5"] ] - use of io_lib:format

MEENA SELVAM meena_selvam@REDACTED
Sun Aug 7 08:20:07 CEST 2005

Will this code work?

FinalList = fun(X) -> io_lib:format("~7s',X)
            end.

lists:map(FinalList, [["3"],["5"]]).

my requirement is for a arbitrary number of elements
rather than 3 and 5.

PS: Right now, I do not have access to erlang
compiler,  so I am yet to try this out.

my doubt is, io_lib:format writes on terminal, but
does it return the character that is printed or some
other return values.

is there anything similar to sprintf in c, in
formatting and moving the output of to a list?

meena

--- MEENA SELVAM <meena_selvam@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi,
> I need to extract the first element of every tuple,
> in
> a tuplelist in the format[a,b]
>
> what I have is:
>
> FirElem = fun(X)->
>           end.

lists:map(FirElem,[{["3"],["red"]},{["5"],["yellow"]}]).