mnesia: inserting a large number of records

Sebastian Bello sebastian@REDACTED
Wed Aug 3 16:40:16 CEST 2005

Hakan, Vance,

I tried the approach you pointed out, with the following results:
#records inserted    Time (without table lock)    Time (with table lock)
1000                        0:36                                  0:20
2000                        1:55                                  1:10
3000                        4:20                                  2:45
4000                        7:00                                  4:40
5000                       11:00                                 7:15
6000                       15:00                                 6:40 (this
may be a mistake)
8000                       24:00                                 11:30
10000                     35:00                                 19:30

With a large number of records the table lock solution becomes more
attractive.
Despite this, the table lock locks all other interactions on the table,
right? I'll have to evaluate if this is acceptable for my scenario.
Thank you both,
    Sebastian-