beam.shared and beam.hybrid

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Wed Apr 27 11:34:31 CEST 2005

We (both OTP and the HiPE group) see much more potential in
the Hybrid heap than in the Shared heap.

Therefore we (OTP) test the Hybrid heap in our daily builds,
but not the Shared heap.

The Hybrid heap is not as stable as the private heap (default) emulator
yet, but it is slowly growing more and more stable.

/Bjorn