distributed performance test

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Mon Apr 25 17:55:01 CEST 2005

Sean/Matthias,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

The devlinuxpro2 Linux server was indeed running eth0 in 100BaseTX
half-duplex mode.

After I set the interface to full-duplex, and rebooted, the speed tests
ran as expected.

Regards,

Serge

P.S. The only question I have remaining is why would half-duplex setting
not have any speed impact on a single client talking to a synchronous
server, but only on multiple clients...