Big state machines

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Tue Apr 19 17:51:57 CEST 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 10:03:59PM +0200, Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) wrote:
}
}  It's not a behaviour, but I believe that gen_fsm could
}  perhaps be extended to hold a "receive vector" that
}  modifies the normal FIFO semantics.

Maybe it could.  To get the functionality I'm looking for it would
need to allow you to specify a list of events to receive and a list
of events to save.  Each of which could include an "any" construct
(although obviously not both).

I initially rejected this idea because it carries the danger that
you will not keep the state handler function clauses in sync with
the "receive vector".  This may not be that big a problem though.

	-Vance