H/W requirements for OTP RB-2

Michael McDaniel erlang@REDACTED
Mon Apr 18 17:13:13 CEST 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 11:27:07AM +0000, maruthavanan s wrote:
> hi ,
>
> Can any one suggest me the hardware requirements of erlang OTP R10 B-2
>
> Thanks,
> Marutha
For what task?

My workstation development machine is about 600 Mhz with 512MB memory.

I run R10B-4 on a 400 Mhz Celeron (with 512 MB) as an automated web site
checker for customers. Not much load doing this task.

I am deploying it on a newer machine which will be a 3 GHz Xeon
(32-bit core) with 1 GB memory.  This new task will have a bit more
work to do, keeping up a steady conversation with a couple different
external servers and feeding an SQL database for a webserver to
query.  Even with this task, though, I think the hardware will
be loafing.

~Michael