Structuring unit tests

Gaspar Chilingarov <>
Sun Apr 17 12:57:07 CEST 2005

Well, and how do you test functions, which are not exported from foo module?

I'm getting a lot of utilitary functions,. which are used only inside of
module, but i want to test them explictly.

another question - how do you following thing in Erlang?
in OO world I can define some object, then inherit from it in unit test, and
override some functions. Thus i can create necessary environment for tested
class. How this can be implemented in Erlang? I also accept answers "this is
not an erlangish way at all" :)

> Joel Reymont wrote:
>> How do you prefer to structure your tests?
> I put the unit tests for module foo in module foo_ut, and
> only test exported functions (the others get tested implicitly).
> I use pattern matches as assertions.
> Regards,
> Dominic Williams
> ----