Big state machines

Valentin Micic valentin@REDACTED
Sat Apr 16 09:32:51 CEST 2005

If you were to consider a separate FSM for each player, and game as a common
context shared amongst group of player, I would opt to implement a "table"
as a gen_server that routes  messages (context of the game) between
players... I see only few states for a player's FSM. Am I missing a plot
completely?

Valentin.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB)" <ulf.wiger@REDACTED>
To: "Joel Reymont" <joelr1@REDACTED>; "Erlang Users' List"
<erlang-questions@REDACTED>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 12:51 PM
Subject: RE: Big state machines

Well, then. You may write your code the
same way in Erlang. Your dealer process
sends messages (cards) to the players,
and receives requests or cards (if a player
plays a card, it might as well be sent to
the dealer).

Again, with selective receive, you should be
able to translate your lisp program logic into
erlang with fairly little trouble. With gen_fsm,
I'd have to think for much more than the
two minutes I spent browsing your lisp code.

Given the small amount of thinking that went
into the writing of this post, I may have
missed something.

/Uffe