Big state machines

Corrado Santoro csanto@REDACTED
Fri Apr 15 15:01:39 CEST 2005

Joel Reymont wrote:
> I'm implementing my poker logic as a gen_fsm behavior. I'm finding that
> my FSM is getting a bit unwieldy, though, what with all the tests I have
> to write for different state transitions, etc.
>
> I'm wondering if there's an idiomatic way of splitting big FSMs into
> smaller chunks. Should I move the processing code into different modules
> and leave just invocations in the FSM callback module?
The eXAT agent programming platform that I've written allows agent
behaviours to be programmed by means of hierarchical FSMs, also using
virtual inheritance.

You may take a loot at

http://www.diit.unict.it/users/csanto/exat/

The version that can be downloaded is old, but please contact me for the
new release, if you are interested.

--Corrado

Eng. Corrado Santoro, Ph.D.

University of Catania - Engineering Faculty
Department of Computer Science and
Telecommunications Engineering
Viale A. Doria, 6 - 95125 CATANIA (ITALY)

Tel: +39 095 7382144 Int. (5) 8035
      +39 095 7382380
      +39 095 7382365
      +39 095 7382364