ant, make and ermake

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Fri Apr 15 03:12:39 CEST 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 10:52:41AM -0500, Rick Pettit wrote:
}
}    1) So much opensource stuff builds with it (including the OTP distro) that
}       it's worth knowing either way

Indeed.  I learned it and can say it was time well spent.  I am now
building my linked in drivers with it and it is really slick.  What
I have been doing with these is to have as much as possible done in
Erlang so the C driver code just marshalls memory blocks into the
emulator where the Erlang side deconstructs them.  Sending to the
board is the opposite procedure.  Since these are C structures this
code is dependent on the underlying OS completely.  The automake
system figures out the sizes of everything from an int to a
'struct foo [MAXF]' and builds the appropriate erlang code.

I have ported these drivers to different OSes in 32 bit, 64 bit,
little endian, big endian, etc.  Just type ./configure; make.

As Hannibal says; I like it when a plan comes together.

	-Vance