VisualAggression (Re: Some claims about Erlang (was Re: Erlang use in Italy))

Thomas Lindgren <>
Tue Apr 12 14:18:16 CEST 2005

---  wrote:
> The problem with students is that they WANT to be
> commodity building blocks. Nowadays people don't go
> to university because they are seeking knowledge,
> but because they want to be taught which buttons to
> press.

Undeniably so; computer programming was for a time a
simple way of getting a well-paid job. Perhaps it is,
on this level, the modern equivalent of working at a
car factory? I can certainly see the attraction to
someone wanting to make a quick buck.

> Maybe we
> should seriously consider producing something like
> VisualErlang, or at least an EBuilder, as an
> addition to the existing Erlang "ecosystem"? I do
> not have any clear ideas how this could work, but it
> might be worthwhile.

Hey, it wouldn't hurt to have that. Given that three
guys could write Wings3D, why not a "visual
programming environment"?

Do you Yahoo!?