ASN compiler

Casper casper2000a@REDACTED
Tue Sep 14 10:51:28 CEST 2004

Hi Bertil,

Thanks a lot for the information.

I tried to compile GSM MAP 09.02 standard and I'm finding some problems with
couple of places.

1) When I tried to compile MAP-Errors.asn, it gives the below error.
	syntax error at line 136 in module MAP-Errors.asn:
	 got systemFailureParam expected one of: 'typereference .
typereference', typere
	ference, 'TYPE-IDENTIFIER' or 'ABSTRACT-SYNTAX'
	{error,[got,
 	       systemFailureParam,
  	      expected,
  	      ['typereference . typereference',
  	       typereference,
  	       'TYPE-IDENTIFIER',
  	       'ABSTRACT-SYNTAX']]}

The text around line 136 is as below.
Line 134: SystemFailure ::= ERROR
Line 135:	PARAMETER
Line 136:		systemFailureParam	SystemFailureParam
Line 137:		-- optional

2) When I tried to compile MAP-CallHandlingOperations.asn, it gives the
below error.
	syntax error at line 76 in module MAP-CallHandlingOperations.asn:
	 got sendRoutingInfoArg expected one of: 'typereference .
typereference', typere
	ference, 'TYPE-IDENTIFIER' or 'ABSTRACT-SYNTAX'
	{error,[got,
	        sendRoutingInfoArg,
	        expected,
	        ['typereference . typereference',
	         typereference,
	         'TYPE-IDENTIFIER',
	         'ABSTRACT-SYNTAX']]}

The text around line 76 is as below.
Line 74: SendRoutingInfo ::= OPERATION				--Timer m
Line 75:	ARGUMENT
Line 76:		sendRoutingInfoArg	SendRoutingInfoArg
Line 77:	RESULT
Line 78:		sendRoutingInfoRes	SendRoutingInfoRes

3) Also when I tried to compile MAP-ApplicationContexts.asn, the compiler
hangs. I have experience that before as well with other asn files.

I appreciate if you can give me some of your experience and any clues that I
can use to solve above problems.

Thanks!
Eranga