Erlang & SCTP

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Fri Sep 10 05:13:06 CEST 2004

As we saw in responses in this thread, Solaris, Linux (2.6.x), BSD and
Mac all have SCTP kernel-level implementations.  The socket API
extension with SCTP support was standardized.

I think it's about time to revisit the question on including SCTP
interface to the OTP.  While it's quite easy to implement, as the API
looks very similar to its TCP/UDP counterparts, I think that it would be
a valuable complement to the Erlang suit of features that would give
even more power in designing fault-tolerant distributed systems than
what is available in current release.

Another two nice OTP additions would be M3UA and SUA implementations... :-)

Serge