How to start a C program from Erlang node

suresh saragadam sureshsaragadam@REDACTED
Wed Oct 27 11:22:46 CEST 2004

hi raimo

using os:cmd("dir") i started the c exe file but was started in backend process,
i am unable to see the c node window  for online process going on,

how can i make c node visible,

the same way  when i am using erl_call the erlang node is started in backend

i have erl_interface established, i just want to execute c exe from enode,
i dont want to handle any return message,

erl_interface is done to handle the messages between c node and erlang node

thanking you

suresh saragadam

Raimo Niskanen <raimo@REDACTED> wrote:
Try
os:cmd("dir").

or

open_port({spawn,"find"}, Options)

if you need to analyze output. But then you have to write a loop
that receives messages from the port and so on. Try the above
command in the shell and then:
flush().
to see what messages the port generated.