Try/catch IS safe in R10B-0

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Tue Oct 26 11:44:42 CEST 2004

The wrong release note about try/catch was included in R10b-0
(my fault).

Try/catch as included in OTP R10B-0 has no known problems.

It does have the restriction that no variables can be exported
out from any part of the try/catch construct. We might lift that
restriction in a future release if either:

1) It really turns out to be needed for writing real-world programs.

2) We'll start to sleep bad at night because an inconsistency has
   slipt into the language. :)

/Bjorn