PATCH: Typo bugs in inet_res.erl?

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Thu Oct 7 15:30:59 CEST 2004

Hi

Because of problems resolving IPv6 addresses using inet:getaddrs() in
R10B-0 (I'll try to find the problem some more before asking the list
for help on this issue) I started looking at the various inet files.

I noticed three functions (gethostbyaddr/2, gethostbyname/3 and
getbyname/3) in inet_res.erl which might be passing the wrong argument
to inet:stop_timer/1.

inet:stop_timer/1 calls erlang:cancel_timer() on whatever is given as
it's argument, unless the argument is 'false'.

The three functions listed above all pass the Timeout instead of the
Timer variable to inet:stop_timer/1. Since inet:start_timer/1 does not
handle Timeout = false, it seems to me as if this cannot be intentional
but the fact that inet:stop_timer/1 actually handles input 'false'
makes me a bit uncertain...

/Fredrik